This course explores 3D printing and laser cutting as new tools / mediums for both art and design creation.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students in this course develop a basic to intermediate understanding of the following:
- An understanding of basic to intermediate 2D design with Adobe Illustrator.
- An understanding of basic to intermediate 3D design with a variety of 3D software such as Tinkercad, Fusion 360, Meshmixer, Sculptris & Simplify 3D.
- An understanding of technology and techniques involved in basic to intermediate Laser Cutting
- An understanding of technology and techniques involved in basic to intermediate 3D Printing
- The use of the above listed technology within conceptually driven, creative art and design-based projects
- An in depth understanding of the above listed technologies, their history and contemporary use in related fields.
- An understanding of how to work successfully in both team and individual based projects.
Final 3D printed & Laser Cut projects:
3D printing Practices:
Laser Cutting Lamp Projects:
Laser Practice #4: Glass & Plexi
Laser Practice #3: Textiles
Laser Practice #2: Wooden Maps
Laser Practice #1: Paper craft