This is an introductory course to 3D modelling using Autodesk’s Maya software platform. This course has been developed within the Digital Arts program at UNCW.
- To produce conceptually interesting and formally compelling art & design work.
- To understand the principles of Digital Art & Design.
- To develop an awareness of artists & designers working in the field.
- To research and develop original ideas and concepts.
- To utilize 3D modeling technology to give rise to original art and design projects.
- To offer intelligent and informed critiques.
- Polygonal based modeling
- NURB based modeling
- Subdivision modeling
- UV Mapping Texture Mapping
- Shader Development
- Lighting techniques: 3-point lighting
- set up Rendering: basic software / hardware / Arnold
- Outputs: 3D Prints, VR / Game Assets 3D cameras
- Scene composition
- Compositing w/ Photoshop
- Advanced Textures w/ Substance Painter
Final Research Projects:
Project 3c: Covid Escape Space / Green Tiny House / Studio
Project 3b: Gallery / Museum addition to to the Cultural Arts Building at UNCW
Project 3a: Environments for project 1 & 2
Project 2: The Connected Objects (Team Project)
Project 1: 3D Nano Machine / Microscopic Organisms
Project 1: 3D printed Nano Machine / Microscopic Organisms