Photoshop Section (trimester 1):
- Basic introduction to the Computer Network: Shortcut keys, time saving tricks & techniques, personal server space, etc
- Word processing & PDF Publishing Techniques
- Internet Research & Google Search Techniques
- PHOTOSHOP: Basic Introduction, Image importing via digital camera’s and scanners, Layered images, photo re-touching, export for web, advanced techniques
Web Design Section (trimester 2):
- A Basic introduction to web design
- How to build a Blog
- How to build a simple HTML based portfolio / personal website
- How to make an animated Flash animation for their website.
INDEPENDENT PROJECT SECTION (trimester 3):
INDIVIDUAL RESEARCH PROJECTS: students can pursue any of the following advanced technology subjects. If possible, I would like students to to use their technology choice in conjunction with their current academic research projects:
- Basic video production and editing using Apple’s i-movie
- An introduction to 3D modeling using Google’s Sketch Up software
- Designing & Developing a custom “Scratch” game from MIT.
- Advanced HTML web design
- Digital Photography
We will be meeting individually to determine which technology you will be learning and how it will tie to your current class research project or to a new topic.